Saturday, December 18, 2010

Fantastic Friday Fix -- Something

Is it Ironic that I didn't post the Fantastic Friday Fix on time because as soon as I got home yesterday, the first thing I did was get drunk? Drunk on what? -- you may ask. Well, my friends, I'll tell you. Last night I didn't have anything fancy. I had Redbull and Smirnoff's Strawberry Vodka. First I took a shot of the vodka and used Redbull as a chaser, and then I made a drink of one part vodka (which was about 3oz) and one part Redbull. It was a good night -- until I had the second Redbull, which caused me not to sleep last night.

Anyway, back to what's important -- the vodka. I haven't had the Strawberry-flavored Smirnoff in years. Last time I had it, in fact, my husband and I were still living at Fort Campbell in Kentucky and he was still in the military. Drinking this particular flavor brought back many memories, and it has always amazed me how some senses invoke such powerful memories, particularly smell and taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment